Sunflower Butter Sea Salt Fudge Recipe
*Mother's Day Gift Idea
The Sunflower Butter Sea Salt Fudge Recipe is the perfect no guilt treat for a chocolate sweet tooth. This fudge is a unique homemade gift to give to your mom on Mother's Day. Duxbury Saltworks Sea Salt gives it the added savory element. Any nut butters can be substituted for sunflower butter. I find almond butter with crushed up almonds on top delicious in this recipe as well. This recipe is also vegan, gluten free, and dairy free friendly.
When you're making these chocolates for a gift, include an extra bottle of the Duxbury Saltworks Sea Salt and attach this recipe. The cute bottle comes with a tiny spoon and makes for a special unique gift.
Square Cake Pan
Nonstick Oil Spray
Double Boiler: I use the All-Clad 3 Qt. Stainless Steel Saucepan and a Glass Bowl that fits on top of the saucepan
Cookie cutter of your choice- I used these small stars
6 oz bittersweet chocolate chopped
(I use 66% dark Valrhona)
½ ripe avocado
½ cup sunflower seed butter (or any nut butter)
⅓ cup maple syrup
1 tbs cacao powder
¾ tsp kosher salt
Sea Salt- I used Duxbury Saltworks Sea Salt
- Line a square cake pan with parchment paper and spray lightly with nonstick oil spray.
- Boil water in a small pan to set up a double boiler. Place chopped chocolate in glass bowl over double boiler and stir with spatula until melted.
- Take avocado, sunflower butter, maple syrup, cacao powder, kosher salt, and a tbs of cold water and puree in food processor until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate until mixed well in processor.
- Pour mixture into lined cake pan and top with flaky sea salt.
- Set in fridge for about an hour and chill. Cut into squares or fun shapes using a cookie cutter of your choice and enjoy.
- Fudge can be wrapped for up to two weeks in parchment and plastic wrap in fridge.
I displayed the Sunflower Butter Sea Salt Fudge on the Anaya Purple White Marble Platter.
When giving a homemade gift, it always makes the experience extra special by using a display which doubles as a gift. The Anaya Purple White Marble Platter comes in 3 sizes and is an ultra luxurious gift to give someone without the huge price tag.
Hope you enjoyed my recipe!
Some of my favorite kitchen essentials
Check out photos from our latest photo shoot!
Check out photos from our latest Platter Pairings photo shoot. Even though we love cooking elaborate feasts, we all have those days where we are less inclined and would rather come up with quick and easy spreads for our guests. We came up with some fun ideas that even kids can enjoy and help with! My daughter Rhiannon had so much fun making tartines with us (she had even more fun eating them after the photos were taken). Food styling is a big part of making quick and easy spreads look like you've been planning the meal for days. To create that appeal, we always start by working on a beautiful platter. The color, texture and pattern of a platter influences what we create on top of it. Sign up below to learn tips + tricks on food styling!